4-H Alberta approved fundraisers are an excellent way to help your club raise money to cover the costs of club administration and social activities. They also help 4-H Alberta cover its administrative and operating costs as a percentage of each fundraiser is shared with 4-H Alberta. And of course, the supplier is making a profit by partnering with 4-H to help sell product. So fundraisers are a win-win-win for everyone.
The fundraisers listed below have been approved by 4-H Alberta and are available to clubs across the province. Please read the information carefully prior to selecting a fundraiser(s) that suit your club. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-682-2153 for more information.
Click here for a Fundraiser Tool Kit
4-H Canada Veseys Seeds Fundraiser
4-H Canada has partnered with Veseys Seeds to provide your club with a co-branded fundraiser that supports 4-H in Canada and at the same time appeals to peoples love of gardening!
If you would like to participate in the Veseys Fundraiser, or if you have any questions go to 4-h-Canada.ca/fundraising or contact email@example.com
4-H Alberta Phil’s Fudge Factory - Jerky Fundraiser
(a piece of fudge is $11 to order and sold for $15 | a 200g bag of jerky is $15 to order and sold for $20)
1) Designate one person (usually an adult volunteer or senior member) in your club to be the Fundraiser Coordinator (Coordinator) and set a fundraising campaign timeline.
2) Determine the amount of fudge or jerky to order. or both*
3) Order your Phil’s Fudge Carry Boxes by using the 4-H Alberta Phil’s Fudge Fundraiser Order Form (order form) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with payment, to the 4-H Foundation of Alberta. If the club cannot pay for the fudge at the time of ordering please contact the Foundation at 780-682-2153 Ext #4 to discuss alternative arrangements.
4) Your Phil’s Fudge order will be shipped via Canada Post. Please note, it will take up to three weeks for your order to be delivered.
5) Members take their Phil's Fudge Carry Box and sell away!
*Note: unsold fudge or unsold jerky cannot be returned.
About Phil’s Fudge
- Phil's Fudge Order Form
About Phil’s Jerky
Phil's Jerky Order Form
4-H Alberta Meadowbrook Greenhouses Fundraiser
We are pleased to offer to you a selection of Hanging Baskets grown here in Alberta at Meadowbrook Greenhouses. Bring color to your community with beautiful plants and raise funds for your club at the same time. They are just what you need to welcome spring and celebrate Mother’s Day!
4-H Alberta - Calahoo Meats Fundraiser
(profit is approximately $6/unit sold)
1) Designate one person (usually an adult volunteer or senior member) in your club to be the Fundraising Coordinator (Coordinator), and set a fundraising campaign timeline.
a. Confirms delivery area.
b. Confirms pricing.
c. Confirms contact information (person who Calahoo will
3) Coordinator will receive the 4-H Alberta Fundraising Coordinator Master Order Form, and Participant Brochure/Forms.
4) Coordinator hands out Participant Brochure/Forms to all fundraising members.
5) Members use the Participant Brochure/Form to record orders. Note: Use one form for each individual order.
6) Customers can pay by cheque or cash (cheque payable to the 4-H Club).
7) When the Fundraising Campaign period is over, members submit Brochure/Participant Form and money to the Coordinator.
8) Coordinator compiles orders using 4-H Alberta Fundraising Coordinator Master Order Form and faxes (780-458-2146) in or emails (Laura@cmlsales.com) order to Calahoo Meats.
9) Coordinator creates one cheque for the total order amount, made payable to Calahoo Meats and gives the cheque to the Calahoo Meats driver at time of delivery.
10) At time of delivery, product must be checked off with driver. Shortages will only be honoured at time of check off.
About Calahoo Meats
Calahoo Meats is one of the top fundraising product supply companies in Alberta. They offer a wide selection of food items that your family will love to see at the dinner table! 4-H Alberta is proud to partner with them and approximately $6.00 from every item sold will go back to your club. As an added bonus, Calahoo Meats will also give a portion of 4-H Alberta’s generated sales back to 4-H Alberta.
To view their products please visit http://calahoomeats.ca/Assets/fundraising.html.
The Battery Doctor
Alberta Highway Clean Up
The highway cleanup program is held annually on the first or second Saturday in May, as weather permits. Clubs may request certain sections of Highways, but award will depend on availability (first come first serve basis). The amount of kilometres awarded will depend on the number of participants. Alberta Transportation recommends one kilometre for every two participants. For example if an organization has 20 participants then the maximum number of kilometres awarded will be approximately 10. Payment will be made on a per km basis at the rates shown below.
- “A” Rate (Urban Rate) - $100.00/km of highway right-of-way cleaned on both sides. This rate shall apply to all roadways within 16 kms of an urban center that has a population of over 5,000.
- “B” Rate (Special Area Rate) - $100.00/km of highway right-of-way cleaned on both sides. The department shall identify all Special Area roadways prior to cleanup registration day. The Minister’s representative, may, at their discretion, deem a roadway to be a special area roadway due to an unusually high concentration of garbage.
- “C” Rate (Rural Rate) - $55.00/km of highway right-of-way cleaned on both sides, on all other roadways.
Participants must be at least 9 years of age. Suggested supervision is 1 adult for every 2 children under the age of 14. Participants 14-18 years of age require less supervision (5 per adult supervisor).
For the safety of all participants, the medians on divided highways are not to be cleaned. Only the outer ditches shall be cleaned on divided highways. Participants are required to take safety training.
Filled garbage bags are placed along the outer edge of the highway shoulders and will be disposed of by the Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation maintenance contractor.
Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation will supply all necessary materials including safety manuals, safety vests and garbage bags.
Your participation in the Annual Highway Cleanup Program or Caring for Alberta's Highways (Adopt-a-Highway) Program is welcome.
The annual highway cleanup program is set-up as a fundraiser event. Although the program was originally established for associations such as the 4H and Scouts, all groups and clubs are now encouraged to participate.